Wednesday, March 15, 2017

mental health + stress

When I hear "mental health", I think of all the people who are trying to get our country to prioritize our mental health over our other responsibilities. I've heard that mental health is just as important as physical health, but people don't pay nearly enough attention to it. Some sources of stress in my life are the expectations that I've set for myself and that others have set for me. On top of my school work, I have a lot of other projects that I'm working on, like writing and taking tests for college ahead of time. Honestly, to cope with my stress, I used to blame myself a lot. It got to the point where I cracked, and ended up crying in the school bathroom. Now, I address my problems a lot more, but I still don't think that I'm completely there. I think my ways of coping are unhealthy, but I kind of lost the motivation to do anything about it.

Image result for mental health

No comments:

Post a Comment